Our Morning Shinny programs run year-round. Our current bi-monthly season spans March & April 2018. Please note that the ice at the Class of ’23 Rink at the University of Pennsylvania is not available from May through September. The schedule of days and locations is as follows. Please contact email@example.com or for the most up to date current schedules.
- Center Ice – Oaks
- Hatfield Ice Center – Colmar
- Ice Line – West Chester
- Skatium – Havertown
- UPenn Class of ’23 Rink
- Ice Works – Aston
- Skating Club of Wilmington
(7:00am Start TIME)
Sundays: Sorry, even Shinny-aholics need a day off!
Friday Night Special
The Friday Night Special is ShinnyUSA’s version of Poker Night! Instead of sitting around a table smoking cigars, get together with 60 of your closest friends for a night of food, fun and, of course, hockey!
Each Friday Night Special is limited to the first 60 non goalies, and the first 4 goalies who sign up. Participation is on an individual basis – no teams may enter. Teams are assembled by ShinnyUSA management to make sure each team has an even blend of skill levels to be competitive against every other team. The evening consists of the four teams each comprised of 15 skaters and one goalie, each playing each of the other three teams in three consecutive one-hour games, Shinny style. If you’re not familiar with “Shinny style,” please see the Player Code of Conduct. The games are separated only by enough time to re-surface the rinks. During the evening beverages will be available. After the last game, food and beverages will be provided in a party-setting where prizes will be awarded. All participants receive a souvenir.
Rules of Play
- There are no face-offs – all play shall begin from behind the goal line of the team with puck possession.
- Opening puck possession will be determined by coin flip.
- Upon any stoppage of play, puck possession is always awarded to the team defending the half of ice on which play was stopped. Possession of the puck at the time of the stoppage is irrelevant.
- A stoppage of play shall occur immediately upon any of the following:
- The scoring of a goal
- The puck leaves the playing area without returning on its own
- Offsides by the attacking team
- When play begins from the defending team’s goal line, all players on the opposing team must be outside of the blue line, and remain there until the puck reaches the face-off dots. Once the puck reaches the face-off dots, the opposing team can freely enter the zone and challenge the puck.
- Fighting is strictly prohibited and will result in expulsion from the tournament.
- All disputes will be settled by the off-ice official.
- All games shall be played with a running clock for the duration of the established game length, without exception.
The Sunday Shootout follows the same exact format as the Friday Night Special, but we host it on a Sunday afternoon at the end of the weekend. Like the Friday Night Special, the Sunday Shootout is limited to the first 60 non-goalies, and the first 4 goalies who sign up. Participation is on an individual basis – no teams may enter. Teams are assembled by ShinnyUSA management to make sure each team has an even blend of skill levels to be competitive against every other team. The evening consists of the four teams each comprised of up to 15 skaters and one goalie, each playing each of the other three teams in three consecutive fifty-minute games, Shinny style. If you’re not familiar with “Shinny style,” please see the Player Code of Conduct. There is no champion, we play for bragging rights only! Our next Sunday Shootout is TBD.
Shinny Adult Over 45 League
ShinnyUSA and Ice Line are partnering to run an Adult Over 45 Monday Night league. While the league will be competitive in nature with referees, standings, playoffs and a champion, the league is being founded on the ideals embodied by ShinnyUSA. ShinnyUSA will act as League Commissioners, to instill and enforce the ShinnyUSA Code of Conduct. All players must have current USA Hockey registration. Please go to the link below for more information.