The last date of our current January-February 2020 bi-monthly season is Saturday February 29th. Our next bi-monthly season will cover the months of March and April, and will start on Monday March 2nd, and end on Thursday April 30th. The full schedule of our Morning Shinny dates is below, so please read carefully. All schedules are subject to change..
All ice slots are 75 minutes and begin at 6:00 AM, unless otherwise noted below….
- Ice Line – West Chester
- Wednesdays NO ICE 1/1
- Ice Works – Aston
- Skatium – Havertown
- Wednesdays NO ICE 1/1
- Center Ice – Oaks
- Saturdays NO ICE 3/14 & 4/18
- Hatfield Ice World – Colmar
- Class of 23 Rink at University of Pennsylvania (5:35am Start Time)
- Skating Club of Wilmington
- Saturdays NO ICE 4/4 & 4/18
Sundays: Sorry, even Shinny-aholics need a day off!Contact us if you’re interested in enrolling in one of our Morning Shinny programs, and head to our Locations page for directions.
Friday Night Special
The Friday Night Special is Shinny USA’s version of Poker Night! Instead of sitting around a table smoking cigars, get together with 60 of your closest friends for a night of food, fun and, of course, hockey!
Each Friday Night Special is limited to the first 60 non goalies, and the first 4 goalies who sign up. Participation is on an individual basis – no teams may enter. Teams are assembled by Shinny USA management to make sure each team has an even blend of skill levels to be competitive against every other team. The evening consists of the four teams each comprised of 15 skaters and one goalie, each playing each of the other three teams in three consecutive one-hour games, Shinny style. If you’re not familiar with “Shinny style,” please see the Player Code of Conduct. The games are separated only by enough time to re-surface the rinks. During the evening beverages will be available. After the last game, food and beverages will be provided in a party-setting where prizes will be awarded. All participants receive a souvenir.
Rules of Play
- There are no face-offs – all play shall begin from behind the goal line of the team with puck possession.
- Opening puck possession will be determined by coin flip.
- Upon any stoppage of play, puck possession is always awarded to the team defending the half of ice on which play was stopped. Possession of the puck at the time of the stoppage is irrelevant.
- A stoppage of play shall occur immediately upon any of the following:
- The scoring of a goal
- The puck leaves the playing area without returning on its own
- Offsides by the attacking team
- When play begins from the defending team’s goal line, all players on the opposing team must be outside of the blue line, and remain there until the puck reaches the face-off dots. Once the puck reaches the face-off dots, the opposing team can freely enter the zone and challenge the puck.
- Fighting is strictly prohibited and will result in expulsion from the tournament.
- All disputes will be settled by the off-ice official.
- All games shall be played with a running clock for the duration of the established game length, without exception.
The Sunday Shootout follows the same exact format as the Friday Night Special, but we host it on a Sunday afternoon at the end of the weekend. Like the Friday Night Special, the Sunday Shootout is limited to the first 60 non-goalies, and the first 4 goalies who sign up. Participation is on an individual basis – no teams may enter. Teams are assembled by Shinny USA management to make sure each team has an even blend of skill levels to be competitive against every other team. The evening consists of the four teams each comprised of up to 15 skaters and one goalie, each playing each of the other three teams in three consecutive fifty-minute games, Shinny style. If you’re not familiar with “Shinny style,” please see the Player Code of Conduct. There is no champion, we play for bragging rights only! Our next Sunday Shootout is TBD.